Our neurosciences multi-disciplinary team comprises experts in their respective fields.
The team can call on neurosurgeons, neurologists, oncologists, radiotherapists, paediatricians, craniofacial surgeons from renowned London teaching hospitals such as Kings College. The team also includes occupational and physiotherapists, who are specially trained in neuro disorders. The multi-disciplinary team is supported by our specialist nursing and theatre teams as well as separate paediatric and adult Intensive Care Units.
Life changing Keyhole spinal surgery
Watch our patients talk about their life changing neurosurgery on their spine:
The neurosciences team has access to necessary technology including CT and MRI imaging; the latest microscopes and CUSA – which involves the latest ultrasonic aspiration.
Specialist 1:1 nursing care is available in the separate adult ICU, if necessary, post-operatively. Patients are then transferred to their individual room on the adult ward where expert nursing care is administered.
The Neuroscience team have access to the latest technology including both CyberKnife and Gamma Knife radiosurgery, both of which can treat adults with certain brain tumours.
- Brain and Spinal tumours (glioma and meningioma)
- Degenerative spinal problems including
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Brachialgia (neck and arm pain due to nerve root irritation or compression)
- Spinal corrective surgery
- Facial pain – neuralgia
- Headache disorders including migraine and cluster headache
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Carpal Tunnel
- Focal pain
- Distal Extremity Pain
At the Children’s Hospital we treat a wide range of conditions affecting the brain and central nervous system (CNS). Using the latest techniques, the team of consultants – who are world-leading experts in their specialities – treat a wide range of conditions using minimally invasive treatment.
- Brain Tumours
- Hydrocephalus – water in the head, including syringomyelia
- Chiari Malformations (structural defects in the part of the brain that controls balance which can cause a range of symptoms including dizziness, muscle weakness, numbness, vision problems and headaches)
- Craniosynostosis (abnormal head shape)
- Spina Bifida and Spinal Untethering
- Head Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Spasticity and Cerebal Palsy
If treatment is required in theatres, then surgeons have at their disposal the latest technology and equipment.
Also, The Harley Street Clinic’s 13 bedded paediatric ICU and 5 bedded High Dependency Unit’s nursing teams are experienced and able to offer the best care and attention for each child in their responsibility.
The London Neurosurgery Partnership
The London Neurosurgery Partnership is able to provide treatment delivered by an expert in every neurosurgical subspecialty.
Our neurosciences multi-disciplinary team (MDT) comprises experts in their respective fields. The team can call on neurosurgeons, neurologists, oncologists/radiotherapists, paediatricians, craniofacial surgeons from renowned London teaching hospitals such as Kings College.