Beyond our work in cancer and cardiology, we also provide a full range of surgical services, from plastic surgery and gynaecology, to ENT procedures and orthopaedic treatments.
Many leading consultants and physicians are based at the Clinic, supported by specialist nurses and medical teams. Each patient is allocated a senior nurse who oversees their treatment and care during their stay. Our inpatients are given a private room with full facilities.
Breast Surgery is undertaken to either remove the primary cancer source or to offer reconstruction for aesthetic purposes.
Breast Cancer surgery may be considered as an option once the patient has been referred to the Breast Multi-Disciplinary Team.
The Harley Street Clinic offers access to the highest quality Breast Surgeons who can offer a range of aesthetic treatments following surgery: autologous breast reconstruction (including the DIEP Flap) and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
Whether for cancer or reconstructive surgery the patient pathway may include the latest Digital Mammography (including 3D Tomosynthesis) or Ultrasound at our state-of-the-art Diagnostic Centre at 16 Devonshire Street; Consultant diagnosis and advice – both by Radiologists and Breast Specialists; Dedicated Clinical Nurse Specialists, nursing staff and therapists.
The Harley Street Clinic offers a wide range of gynaecological treatments for both cancers, general gynaecology and uro-gynaecology.
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Cervical cancer, using minimally invasive (laparoscopic surgery) where appropriate
General gynaecology includes:
- Colposcopy of the cervix for patients with abnormal smear results
- Heavy bleeding (menorrhagia)
- Irregular periods
- Pelvic pain
- Minimally invasive surgery to treat polyps, ovarian cysts and other benign gynaecology problems
- Smear tests
- Chlamydia testing
- Mirena coil insertion (under sedation if necessary)
- HPV (High Risk Human Papilloma Virus) testing and HPV vaccination
The Harley Street Clinic also offers a Uro-Gynaecology service including surgical treatments for:
- Urinary and Faecal Incontinence
- Prolapse surgery
- Genital Tract Fistulas
- Abdominal and Pelvic pain in Women
Head & Neck
Head and Neck surgery/treatment offered at The Harley Street Clinic includes:
- Oral oncology – throat cancer, tongue cancer
- Surgical treatment of salivary gland neoplasms
- Thyroid surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
Referrals are first of all discussed at the Head & Neck Multi-Disciplinary Team of Consultants, Doctors and Clinical Nurse Specialists