- Speciality:Infectious Diseases
- Sub Specialities:
- Qualifications:PhD FRCP MRCPath
- NHS Base:University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Research Interests:Infectious diseases, fever in immunodeficient patients, probiotics.
Dr Vanya Gant studied medicine at the Middlesex Hospital in London and qualified in 1980. He then gained a decade of clinical experience in general hospital medicine, treating patients across several medical specialities. Following three years of intense research, he gained a PhD in cellular immunology and has since then focused his clinical work within the field of microbiology and infectious diseases. He has held the following posts:
- Senior Lecturer in Microbiology within Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals: Dr Gant held this post for five years, during which time he established a specialist clinical infection service, delivered at the bedside of patients in intensive care and in HIV inpatient units.
- Clinical Director at the University College of London Hospital Trust: during his post at UCLH, he formed the Directorate of Infection.