The very latest techniques in cardiac diagnostics are available at The Harley Street Clinic Diagnostic Centre.
All diagnostic tests are performed at our new bespoke Cardiac Diagnostics Department by highly experienced and qualified cardiac physiologists supported by a cardiology doctor.
- Echocardiogram: a test, similar to ultrasound used during pregnancy, which uses sound waves to produce pictures of the heart
- ECG (electrocardiogram) and ambulatory ECG recording: tests to record the rhythm and electrical activity of the heart
- Event recording
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring (ambulatory blood pressure monitoring): a test to record blood pressure over 24 hours. It involves wearing a cuff that takes blood pressure regularly over this period
- Exercise ECG test: exercising on a treadmill while the heart is monitored and blood pressure is measured at regular intervals
- Tilt test: to detect causes of fainting and dizzy spells. This test monitors the heart and blood pressure while the patient is tilted from lying down to a standing up position using a special table or bed
- Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) checks
We are able to accommodate same day referrals from consultants within the Diagnostic Centre, as well as external referrals.
We offer consultant reporting for all non-cardiologist referrals. This means we can provide GPs with an expert opinion on cardiac diagnostic tests within 24 hours of an appointment.
Congenital Heart Disease
Inherited Cardiac Conditions
Valvular Heart Disease